HOW TO GET THERE:
The island lies one nautical mile southwest of Paros and is reached by way of Paros.
From Easter time through October, karavakia [‘little ships’] depart many times a day for Antiparos from the port of Paroikia in Paros. The duration of the trip is about 30 minutes. The ‘karavaki’ does not carry cars, however—only passengers. The price of the ticket is five euros per person.
Buses depart frequently from Paroikia [the KTEL bus station is at the Port], as well as from other areas of Paros, transporting passengers to the little port of Pounta in Paros. From there, travellers can take the ferry boat, which reaches Antiparos in about seven minutes. If travelling by car or motorcycle, from the port of Paroikia follow the signs to Alyki and Pounta. The ferry boat to Antiparos can accommodate all types of vehicle.
If reaching the island with your own vessel, you can moor it at the Port of Antiparos or the beaches of Soros and Ai Yiorgis (Ayios Yeorgios). The Port Authority can be reached on 22840 61485. For information concerning the beaches and coasts of the island and access to these, please consult the Guide for Mariners.
Paros can be reached in the summer months by ship from the ports of Piraeus, Rafina, Lavrio and Irakleio (Crete). There are also flights from the Eleftherios Venizelos Airport in Athens (Olympic Airways and Aegean Airlines). The maritime network connecting Paros and the other Cycladic islands is exceptional. If your flight is landing at the airports of Mykonos or Santorini, you can reach Paros easily by ship from there.
GETTING AROUND ON ANTIPAROS:
- The Municipal Bus departs from the Port of Antiparos, opposite Ayia Marina. It offers the following routes:
- Port - Cave
- Port - Beaches: Panayia, Glyfa, Apantima, Soros, Ayios Yeorgios.
The route schedule varies, depending on the season of the year.
The ticketis priced at 1.60 euros and is purchased aboard the bus.
- To rent an automobile, motorcycle, scooter, quad, bicycle or inflatable vessel, please consult the Business and Professional Directory of Antiparos.
- For cruises, please consult the relevant special section.
- There are two taxis on Antiparos.
Evangelos Zappas 0030 6988848484
- Marina Moraki
- +30 6970 624750
- +30 22840 61135
- Fax: +30 22840 61496
PORT OF PIRAEUS:
If travelling via Piraeus, click on this link to find useful information concerning where ships dock at the port and the gates foreach destination.
You may find the telephone service 14541 offered by OLP [the Piraeus port organization] a useful source of information for your trip.
Specifically, the 14541* service provides information and updates concerning the following:
- Scheduled and unscheduled departures
- Scheduled and unscheduled arrivals
- Delays or cancellations of sailings
- Departure and arrival gates
- Extraordinary incidents (eg sailing ban in effect in account of inclement weather, special emergency, etc)
* Calls from landline phones are charged at a rate of 0.92 euros / minute (including VAT). Calls from mobile phones are charged 1.55 euros / minute (including VAT) for all mobile phone networks (duration of call: 2.5 minutes).
Telephone number for complaints is 210 6241881
Map of Ship Locations in Real Time: http://www.marinetraffic.com/gr/
‘Eleftherios Venizelos’ Athens International Airport: http://www.aia.gr/